Friday, March 10, 2006

Dreaming still or reality ??!

During my IIM B interview, the panelists after explaining why IIM B is better than IIM C for industry interactions as well as consulting to small scale industries asked me,
"So Suhas, let us say you are going to live in an ideal world for the next two years and if everything were to go as you would dream in your most optimistic dreams, where do you see yourself two years down the line ?"
Just to toe the optimistic fantasy line I laughed and said," I would get into IIM A, would go on to top the batch and get a gold medal there & would join McKinsey and Co as a consultant!!". Understanding that I had played the optimistic fantasy line too far the panelists also laughed !
Two years down the line I am glad I got atleast two of the three dreams played out for real in my life ! I did go to IIM A !! And now I have got an offer to join McKinsey and Co !!
I also understood the power of dreams!!

"I realize, small aim is a crime" - Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on ur dream come true and wishing u that many more of ur dreams may come true. All the best for ur job.

Anonymous said...

wow. i mean, just wow!
n hey, thas my line...apj copied it! :))

Anonymous said...

i really did not understand what u were trying to tell me..the more the salary, the better it is for the country..but anyways..i wasnt being critical, just seeing the contrast...

congratulations to you.. u got through the best management institute, u deserve the best. :)
im sure this is just the beginning of even better things in life... :)

Anonymous said...

congrats suhas,
way 2 go...

cheers

Subrahmanyam KVJ said...

Congratulations pal :) Hay's loss is McK's gain :D

Ellie said...

Wow!That's some great news...so where's the posting?? :)

Congratulations!

Anish said...

hey suhas...congrats mate...way to go...all the best for all that is to come :-)...got ur location yet ?

Krishna said...

Hey Suhas,
This is really a great news. Great work...All the best.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Suhas!
It really is a commendable achievement. I have been reading your blog for quite sometime now, but it is the first time I'm commenting. In my viw, u r one of the sanest bloggers/posters(on PG) around, and if there was a person who deserved McK, it was you.
Congrats to the big M as well!!
cheers
Pradeep
pradeep.rajagopal@gmail.com

Suhas Anand said...

anu,tejas,urmad & krish thanks one and all..
rohit, i hope so too :)
nabzz - file a suit against apj :))..hehe
ellie/anish - most probably at mumbai
pradeep - thanks a lot for the compliments..see ya around more often :)

Anonymous said...

Thats an awesome piece of news Suhas! Congrats pal! :-)

Simbaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

Arrey dude.. brilliant news! Congrats! Treat time in Mumbai, aite! ? ;)

Allwin -

Suhas Anand said...

thanks PG and Simbaa...PG - u decide on whether ur going to Wharton or not...who treats whom depends on thta !..hehe

Anonymous said...

I'm reminded of Aerosmith's "dream on, dream on, dream on till ur dream comes true..." And low aims R a crime indeed. It's an insult to the universe which gave us potential to think beyond and do beyond. Congratulations by he way! that's a great achievement:)

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!!
and...Dream on..since u r so good at it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Suhas, I do intend to attend Wharton .. Does that mean no one is treating no one ? :mg: .. How about ya join McK and send that treat this way and we can find a way to celebrate W as well ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, happened to read your blog and understand that you are from OTP..Where in Ottapalam are you from? Are you in Mumbai currently?