Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Temple of tigers

After exactly 2 years, I'm going back to Ranthambhore- the Temple of Tigers. Setting so dramatic and so full of photo opportunities that I've always been unhappy after a visit. I never think I did justice to the opportunities nor that I got enough. My last trip report to Ranthambhore can be found here. Was a fun trip though we did not shoot much.

This time around I go with no expectations. As they say contentment is indeed the mother of happiness. It's not the best time for sighting (which is March to June)and as usual I've not planned this through. Called up Dicky day before yesterday and today evening I'll be in a plane to Jaipur and then to Sawai Madhopur. (Thank god for little mercies - Air Arabia flies directly to Jaipur helping me avoid Delhi and saving around 8 hours)

Indian forests, more than anything else she has, takes me close to spirituality. Being in Rajbaug, taking the scenery around in the soft orange glued winter light of Rajastan through the morning mist is as close to being spiritual as one can be.

I often wonder - what's it about nature and forests that is so deep ? Almost a painful melancholy; a stark reminder about what we have borrowed from future and have been pretty callous about in our present. A throw back to the most primitive and adventurous core of a human. A salutation to free spirit and a million possibilities.

Whether I see anything or not, it's going to be a week of peace away from the urban jungles of Dubai. Cheers to a million possibilities.

Be back soon...

No comments: