Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sachin Tendulkar - Legend in my life !

I woke up today, started brushing my teeth watching Sachin score yet another century. That's when I suddenly felt a strong emotional connect with a man whom I have seen only 3-4 times and spoken to only once in my entire life. Still he felt so much a part of my life. Like a close relative. He has at various points been a guide and philosopher (unknown to him ofcourse!!) as well as being forever an inspiration in professionalism and how to lead a worthy life. Right from when I was around 8, over the past 20 odd years, he has been always close to my heart.
Right through my days of playing district leagues and Inter University through engineering and working as an engineer, through MBA and working as a consultant there had always been tid bits that I have tried to imbibe from the his life. Some of his interviews with Harsha Bhogle, I regard as masterclass in philosophy as well as being truly inspirational. Like when he said "Experience is a double edged sword. For every ball you know all possible shots, but you also know all possible ways it could go wrong and result in a catch".
I never used to keep his posters in my room, or drool over in his fan clubs. Or buy t shirts with his face. And surprisingly I was not angry at the fans who booed him at Mumbai. For me he is beyond all this. I'd be thrilled if I can do 1% of what he has done in his chosen field in my own area of work. With the same dedication and more importantly the same humility.
Thanks Sach bhau - for being there !

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I second the thoughts uve mentioned..!!

Anonymous said...

me too enjoyed his innings today. forget all the records, statistics and all the talks ... amazing is the way he came back after that booing incident. the fans who booed him are eating their own words now :)

Viewer said...

Hi am a moderator for a flickr group called Mumbai Weekend Shoot . I would like to invite you joins us here

Viewer said...

Hi am a moderator for a flickr group called Mumbai Weekend Shoot . I would like to invite you joins us here

Unknown said...

Hey suhas etta,
found this interesting

http://afocusinthewild.blogspot.com/

may be ull like it..!!