Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Boston walk around photography



Boston is the city Ive been to the most in the US. This time when I got a chance to revisit the city, I decided to move around and use my new phone camera to do some photography. Mostly I chose to stick to the famour tourist trail - the freedom trail of course but also moving to seaport boulevard, USS constitution and taking the boat from charlestown at navy yard back to down-town. Would say best 3 dollars spent !

This was also the time I realised that the newer phone cameras, especially the one I was using, the Iphone 6, has evolved to such and extent that they can be used as a travel snapshot tool, almost producing quality that matches an entry level camera in good light conditions.
Some of my favourite travel snapshots from the trip are below

Around south Boston station - loved the sky set against this nice victorian building

 Close to seaport boulevard at the water front - interesting set of lines, colors, shadows and reflections made this one of my favorites from the trip


Regulation shot at Boston common looking towards the Mass. state house - starting point of freedom trail



Melancholic place - dog tag memorial for all dogs that fell during the Iraq and Afghan operations by US Military - as wind blows you can hear them chime.


Close to the USS constitution museum in the freedom trail

 A good-looking vessel at the harbor - USS constitution
One of the multiple Charles river crossing close to Harvard campus
The legendary Harvard business school

No comments: