Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reads and views !

Been quite a busy quarter for me even without too many cross continental flights. Anyways, catching up currently on some reading and some viewing ! Couldn't help but recommend a few

1. Born Wild by Tony

Personally for me, Tony and George has both been inspirational people. I know purists who are extremely skeptical about their tactics and about any reintegration program around the world especially pertaining to big cats. But hey, conservation is about life forms - science/scientific research can only so much predict and draw the contours of what is right or wrong. These two humans did whatever they did with extreme passion and extreme love. And for this reason, Ill forever be in awe of them

2. Eternal enemies - one of the first major docu movie from Duba plains in Okavango by Jouberts who have since then become synonymous with this delta in the sweltering Botswana. I've never been to Bots but this clearly has put ideas in my mind ! Amazing lighting, visualizations and patience in every shot is evident. The recently released Last Lions is again an excellent text book in wild life film making. One does feel it has some editing issues at least for my pretty amateur tastes - sequences stitched together from clearly different lighting situations to create the flow in story. Eternal enemies for me presents Jouberts and Duba at it's best. Even more than Last Lions (which of course is still better than many others from 2011 coming out of Africa- but then that is expected of the Jouberts)

Don't yet know where 2012 will take me - but hope I can go back to my favorite continent soon !

No comments: