Thursday, March 20, 2008

Phew !!!

Have been crazy month or so. Traveling like crazy, basically living out of suitcase. Covered a few cities that I had not been to before like Jakarta. Unfortunately, my camera is hospitalized still. The doctors (The canon service engineers) are still unable to figure out her disease. Hope she's back with me soon. Feeling kinda depressed without it around. I love just holding her, caressing her curves, keeping the view finder close to the eye, changing over to multi shot mode and keep firing at some random sparrow flying outside of my window.
Me and my girlfriend figured out a new place in Mumbai to shift to. Of course on rental basis since I realized that given my career stage, I cannot afford an own accommodation in Mumbai. But looking at the rental bill we are going to pay Im seriously thinking of shifting out of Mumbai. A rough calculation shows me that if I were to buy this house instead of rent it, I'd have to pay an amount for which I can afford to buy a villa in Bangalore along with my current dream machine Honda CRV. So now for the first time over the past 6-7 years Im thinking of shifting out of Mumbai ! It is really crazy. Recently when I was in Singapore, I met a class mate who is even planning to buy a house there. The amount he is going to pay is almost equal to what I would have to pay if I were to buy a similar apartment in Mumbai as close to office as it is for him !! What was it about PPP and all ?...With Indian rupees being 1/30th of Sing D ?!!!...Sometimes I feel like I should shift to some small company somewhere in Mysore/Hosur (or any such cities in South or even West for that matter - Baroda, Surat, Nashik etc) where even 1/4th of my current salary can give me a lifestyle that is better than this. So should we now speak of Intra country PPP ?!!!!


Reality and fantasy - Business and Photography (A random pic from a meeting room in Jakarta)- Taken with my mobile !

6 comments:

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

Ah..Mumbai is that expensive even for a Mck consultant ?
I generally feel that the real estate prices in B'lore are crazy.. Hmmm..So, Mumbai is even higher.

MavericK said...

Move to Chennai dude! :D

And even I wanna buy a CRV.. but alas that's gonna wait :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Suhas,
Iam a regular reader of ur blgs....Request u to rite more frequently...one month gap is too long for us to wait...

Mahesh Devarajan said...

bad to hear that the camera is still not in shape...surfing through web\forums did not help any further ?? Not sure if you posted in INW forums to check if anybody else landed with the same issue ?
-Mahesh Devarajan

Suhas Anand said...

Ajith - Mumbai is expensive..period...:)
Anil - Chennai is there in the horizon...mck might open an office there and then ill surely think of chennai
mahesh - its some hardware issue..webs/forums tricks made no change at all.....:(...error 99 is so common place that there are 100s of reasons for it ...thts the major issue

Suhas Anand said...

anon....been traveling a lot and havent realy got time..things jus about stabilizing..so ghopefully cna write more :)