Monday, February 04, 2008

Movies and life !

Since these days I am working for a non Mumbai client, I fly back to Mumbai mostly on Friday nights. To maximise the time we have at Mumbai, me and my gf decided to catch American Gangster early morning show on Saturday. It is a terrific movie. One of the best after Departed and Blood Diamond. Some sterling performances especially from Denzel.
In the afternoon though the very idea of great movies shifted by a notch. We decided to watch In Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith. If you have missed this classic, dont wait. Go and get a DVD and watch it. NOW. They seldom make such great movies. And when one comes along you just celebrate great movie making.
The movie also made me think about what most of us are doing for our country / society. And after an hour of thoughts I came to the gigantic conclusion that I am a wimp. That I have done nothing useful in my life. (Ok that might be a slight exaggeration but not by a long way). When a movie stirs up such strong emotions, I'd personally declare it a hit. Notwithstanding how much it makes in box offices.

N.B My jinx with electronic items continues unabated with my new Canon 40 D going kaput in 3 months of small time usage !! Grrr. It just gives me an Err99 message and takes no pics. It tucked away in the canon service centre in Mumbai. I might well have to spent a fortune on that since I bought it without Indian warranty !!! :(

NNB : I started exercising today after months and months of thinking through and making excuses!!

4 comments:

Raghu said...

well...u've put me in a jinx...might have to shell out the whole to get a guarantee...man, 20k just for a warranty? ha ha ha...i have no other thing to do except laugh at this point for my future camera, C 40D...Canon, the barbarian!

Mahesh Devarajan said...

Hey suhas,
Err99 is usually not a problem with the body. But a problem with the lens. Happens if you have 17-85mm lens. Known issue. Other thing to check up is clean up the electrical contacts using a pencil eraser and try it back. Remember Jaimon my friend who had come with me to pench. He had the same issue with his 20D. Anyway let me know how it goes.
-Mahesh

Anonymous said...

da, no more u'r gf, moved up a notch, fiancé now :D. Btw lets meet up and have lunch this weekend, wat say?

Suhas Anand said...

mahesh - did all tht..err99 is actually a generic error and could be any of the unclassified errors....most frequent though is the lens contact issue....but ive it with all lenses at all times..so :(

JP< im going to kerala this weekend...will coem down next weekend to mumbai - we can surely have a mallu lunch