Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nostalgia

If you love swahili love songs,
Well No,
If you love swahili songs,
Well No,
If you love songs,
Well No,
If you love,
Well No,
If you.....Then listen to this piece of beauty in case you haven't - Malaika Nakupenda Malaika (Angel, I love you Angel). Lyrics clearly demarcating the perenniel conflict in African existence - Love and life ; in turn for the african a conflict between love and money.
Most of our nightly "Taarab" trips in coastal East Africa would have as a constant companion this song. Also Jambo Jambo Bwana (Hello, Hello Mister). All these and more here..
Oh How I miss the strolls along the deserted beaches under starlit sky and full moon,with the smell of Africa in nostrils, her drumbeats in the ears and feeling her breasts in everything around. It is 2 years to this date since I returned.

I long for you still my .....Angel !! And I know you know it !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kumbe ulikuwa unaishi Afrika Mashariki? Kwa hakika ni jambo la ajabu. Ningependa kusikiza mawazo yako kuhusu Afrika.

Anonymous said...

I am glad for this non-MBA like, non-technical, non-essay post. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The songs are really great...would have never realized African music to be this good if not for this post, thank you

Unknown said...

I remember lissening to the song wen I was quite young...it was rendered by Usha Uthup :D